How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm
That's 4 days before the season opener.

A guy is fully cleared for full contact less than a week before the opener and that's a good thing?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 pm
It's a six month recovery time from the start of the surgery.

Basketball is 82 games. Don't worry, man.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-go ... eedID=2799

Almost cleared for full contact, right on schedule.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm
The only thing that worries me is the slippery slope that these vague injury updates typically harvest. We saw it with Monta's moped ordeal. I'm afraid of Bogut's missing opening night turning into the first week turning into the first 3 weeks. He's been off it since January; yet he didn't have his surgery til late April. If he's going to miss the first month, a lot of us fans will be wondering why he didn't have the surgery closer to when we acquired him in mid March...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm
We should sign Greg Oden as an insurance policy... Just to be safe.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:27 pm
PAWNO wrote:We should sign Greg Oden as an insurance policy... Just to be safe.

::lol: Genuine lol there, pawn dog.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 am

No way. Had the team got a hold of Przybilla, that could have been an effective move, but as it is, the players here are young and will have to show which of them are real nba players.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 am
migya wrote:

No way. Had the team got a hold of Przybilla, that could have been an effective move, but as it is, the players here are young and will have to show which of them are real nba players.

I was clearly joking bro.. gee 32 picked up that i was kidding. :mrgreen:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm
U guys wouldn't take often? The warriors can never have too much size
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 am
All of the good teams have quality rather than quantity. I'd only take another big if he had a skill or skills that help the team. That's why I brought up Przybilla. I think he does well with his size and would only help the team, especially if Bogut got injured.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 am
32 wrote:The only thing that worries me is the slippery slope that these vague injury updates typically harvest. We saw it with Monta's moped ordeal. I'm afraid of Bogut's missing opening night turning into the first week turning into the first 3 weeks. He's been off it since January; yet he didn't have his surgery til late April. If he's going to miss the first month, a lot of us fans will be wondering why he didn't have the surgery closer to when we acquired him in mid March...

This is where even if I wanted I could not find a way to disagree.
To me Bogut's status seems like big trouble. He hasn't played a minute for, yeah, half of infinity. He hasn't yet started playing with the squad. He will be out of basketball shape even when he comes back to full play, let's say in two weeks. It might be he'll be pretty much a moral boost for the first month at least.
Can you afford this in the western conference if you're going to make push for the playoffs?
Timberwolve and Dallas have their injury issues, but that just makes it so ARGH when you can get a step in front to start the season against those two (at least).
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 am
Stairway Man wrote:U guys wouldn't take often? The warriors can never have too much size

Oden is a crutch I'd rather not rely on.

I'm sure he'd rebound and defend extremely well in a short period of time before breaking. There's no reason to put the team through that sort of blue-ball let-down, triggering a midseason search for another option, while wasting a veteran's 1-year of the salary cap on Oden. Besides, hasn't Ezeli impressed you enough to warrant the backup 5 spot? There's no worse way to discourage his hard work than to give the spot he's earned to Greg Oden. And imagine the PTI jokes about Warrior centers if we are honestly trying to convince the world that Bogut AND Oden will stay healthy for an entire season...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm
Bogut goes through entire Warriors' practice

Monday, October 29, 2012, 2:06pm
OAKLAND – Warriors fans looking for some good news heading into the 2012-13 regular season received it on Monday.
Warriors center Andrew Bogut participated in all aspects of the team’s practice, providing hope that his return will come sooner rather than later.

Bogut, who fractured his left ankle in January, hasn’t participated in a full-contact practice for more than nine-and-a-half months and it wasn’t lost on coach Mark Jackson and players.

“It’s still a process and we’ll see how he feels (Tuesday), but he went through everything and is looking good,” Jackson said. “At the end of the day, it’s going to be asking whole lot for him to be Andrew Bogut from Day 1. But we’re making steps toward that.”

[RELATED: Bogut not talking timetable for return]

It is unknown whether Bogut will make his debut for the opener, which is on Wednesday night against the Suns in Phoenix. The Warriors’ home opener comes Friday against the Memphis Grizzlies. It does seem apparent that barring any kind of setback Bogut is closing in on returning.

Bogut indicated before training camp began that he wanted to play in a preseason game or two before taking the court for Game 1 of the regular season. But the preseason came and went without Bogut playing.

Still, that Bogut participated in all aspects of a practice is a very encouraging sign and indicates that he could be back on the court for game action at any time.

[REWIND: Bogut doing 'a little bit more']

“He was excited to get back, a long time coming for him, with his dedication and therapy and rehab,” teammate Stephen Curry said. “Good to have the big fellow out there, participating in all of our up-and-down drills.”

Bogut didn’t talk with the media on Monday, but acknowledged on Saturday that he was tiring of all the questions about his ankle. That day, he reiterated what the organization had been saying for the previous week: That he is progressing and he’ll play when he’s ready.

Who knows? Maybe it will be on opening night after all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 pm
[-o<

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 am
Forget that the calendar says the Warriors don't open the regular season until Wednesday night.

Head coach Mark Jackson effectively ended the team's preseason Monday, tidying up the remaining training-camp questions by clearing center Andrew Bogut for his first full practice and naming Harrison Barnes the starting small forward.

Bogut, who broke his left ankle Jan. 25 and had surgery April 27, had been practicing in controlled halfcourt sets for about a week. On Monday, he participated in the entire session, including fullcourt and contact drills.

If Bogut's ankle responds well to the extra workload, Jackson said, the big man will be available for the opener at Phoenix. Just don't think you're going to see Bogut playing 40 minutes right away.

"I think it's unrealistic to ask him to be Andrew Bogut in order for me to let him step out on the floor," Jackson said. "It's going to take time, but he certainly gives us a presence on both sides of the ball and makes us that much better. We'll wait until the real Andrew Bogut shows up, and we'll take this one for now."

Bogut might not yet be the player who has averaged 12.7 points and 9.3 rebounds during his seven-year career, but he's apparently pretty close. His teammates raved about the dimensions his low-post scoring and passing abilities added in the starting five's first practice as a unit.

The Warriors have been cautious with Bogut's expected six-month rehabilitation, but it's tempting to push now. Their first three games are against Phoenix (Marcin Gortat, Luis Scola), Memphis (Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph) and the Clippers (DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin).

"Just the fact that we have a full roster out there has everybody energized, and it brings up the competition a little bit," said point guard Stephen Curry, who gave his own surgically repaired ankle a clean bill of health. "We understand that these practices are crucial to get our rhythm and get out the final kinks of what we're trying to do."

Bogut was immediately one of the most vocal players during practice on the defensive end, already taking on his role as the team's defensive anchor.

"He's really good, so everything he does is magnified," Barnes said. "He's such a veteran, and he really understands the game. He was able to stay mentally sharp on the sideline, so he was able to step right in and was ready to go without missing a beat."

Barnes' adjustment to the speed of professional basketball has been almost as seamless, which is how he won the starting gig. The No. 7 overall pick averaged 10.4 points and shot 48 percent from three-point range during the preseason. He had 16 points (5-for-8 shooting) and seven rebounds against Phoenix last Tuesday. Barnes beat out Brandon Rush and Richard Jefferson.

Jackson said he likes Barnes' slashing ability in the starting lineup and the versatility of Rush and Jefferson, who can come off the bench for either Barnes or shooting guard Klay Thompson.

Catching a break, aren't we? :D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:54 pm
32 wrote:The only thing that worries me is the slippery slope that these vague injury updates typically harvest. We saw it with Monta's moped ordeal. I'm afraid of Bogut's missing opening night turning into the first week turning into the first 3 weeks. He's been off it since January; yet he didn't have his surgery til late April. If he's going to miss the first month, a lot of us fans will be wondering why he didn't have the surgery closer to when we acquired him in mid March...

When I tore my ACL it happened in December, but couldn't have surgery until Feb because we had to wait until the swealing went down so the doctors could go in there and do what they needed to get done. I imagine that he had a similar issue. It isn't abnormal to have to wait. Also, with broken bones sometimes they have to see if the bone settles in the right position, and if it doesn't, then they go in a move it into position, but they perfer to not have to do that if it isn't necesary.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball