Western seeding.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm
With Bogut 100% though... Who knows?

The reason I want the 4 or 5 is because even if we somehow upset the Clipps in a 3-6 matchup, the Thunder are looming following their 2-7 bracket. And I want OKC to go through as many teams as possible before we potentially see them. I'd take my chances against Denver en route to San Antonio before I took an easy Clippers matchup into Oklahoma City. Who knows; maybe Houston, Memphis, or the Clippers knock them out and we get an easier bracket? You never know. All I know is, the Thunder are the kiss of death and I want someone else - ANYBODY else - going through them before we have to.

Because, in all honesty, I assume we'd be the only first round upset, making the second round Spurs/Nuggs and Thunder/Us, if we're the 6th seed. If we get that 4th or 5th and make it past Denver, we get San Antonio and OKC gets tasked with tipping either the Clippers or the Grizzlies.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 am
So there goes the 4th seed. Now we have to pay close attention to OKC and the Clips because wherever the LA is, we want the seed that matches us up with them because OKC is going to ram the hell out of whoever they're playing.

It is IMPERATIVE that we get this ish together for the home stretch.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 pm
Im not worried about missing the playoffs just yet as some at this community is. Let me give you a few reason:

1. Utah is turrible. I don't know how they keep winning even though they are mediocre at best, but i must eventually show that they are NOT a playoff team in the western conferencence. As a sidenote, Al and Millsap are injured right now and they have a tough stretch of games after losing to BOTH Hawks and Celtic in Salt Lake.

2. The one other team which can reach the playoffs is the Lakers - Mavs and Blazers are gone. To not reach the playoffs under these circumstances with the 9th seed 4 games behind you is.. well, it seems very unrealistically.

3. We have a lot of home games remaining. Of the last 16 home games, I expect us to win 13 of them and a couple of road games as well. They absolute worst scenario right now imo. is ending as the 8th seed. We just can't miss this one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 pm
I'd be happy about Milsap being injured, but Kanters is better than Al Jefferson.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
I hope we don't make the playoffs. We would be swept and humiliated in every game.. by at least 15.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 am
If the playoffs were 10 road games in 13 days with four back to backs in that stretch, I'd agree. We'd get our ass kicked.

As of now though, we are sixth in the Western Conference and we have tons of home games left.

We got too high thinking we'd be the fourth seed and now everyone is all depressed and **** thinking too low. We are right in the middle of what of all you guys are thinking right now and were thinking earlier in the season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:51 am
The ten more home games than away games from now on really looks good for the team. 32's list of remaining games paints a very nice picture, as most games are against teams below us. I think 4th seed might be a stretch, but 5th seed looks likely, though admittedly I want 6th seed and the Clips. That depends on how Denver performs from now on until season's end, because if they start losing, I think the team can take them in a playoff series, even winning one or two in Denver. We performed well against them this season, with very close games.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:52 pm
Come on now, Memphis is a lot better than expected without Gay and Denver is way better than us right now and is way ahead of in the standings. No chances there. We should focus on getting this damn important 6th seed instead of that other non sense
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:13 am
How about just focusing on winning one complete game? At this rate the team will be lucky to win 41 games and are one more losing streak away from missing the playoffs.
This season is not a flop.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:How about just focusing on winning one complete game? At this rate the team will be lucky to win 41 games and are one more losing streak away from missing the playoffs.

I will bet you we finish above 41 games. Do you want to wager at all?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:33 pm
I started this thread with the intention of seeing if we could obtain the 4th seed, but after Denver's win over the Clipper's tonight, we might have to keep an eye on whose going to get the 3rd seed. If playoffs starts today, we play the clips and I think everyone on here would be in favor of that. Ideally, we would rather play Memphis than the Clippers, but I think we can all agree that the Clippers are the better team. When it's all said and done, the last thing I want is to play Denver in the opening round of the playoffs. They're just too damn good at home and I don't think there's a chance, even with Bogut, that we can beat them.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:38 am
The Grizz seem to have improved with less firepower. Wonder how we'd fair against them in a playoff series, but it won't happen this season.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 pm
So I guess I was wrong about Memphis. They've just taken the 3rd seed in the west. Out of the Grizzlies, Clippers, and Nuggets, I'd prefer playing Memphis even though we won our season series with the Clippers. I definitely don't want Denver, especially if they're at home. Memphis has been playing great basketball, but I think we'd do the best against them.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 pm
Tayshaun Prince has not added much offense at all. There improvement seems to due a lot more with Rudy Gay's absence. And Rudy's Gays defense seems to be more of a product of the Grizzlies defensive philosophy at this point.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Tayshaun Prince has not added much offense at all. There improvement seems to due a lot more with Rudy Gay's absence. And Rudy's Gays defense seems to be more of a product of the Grizzlies defensive philosophy at this point.

They're getting more contributions from Marc Gasol who is more efficient than Gay. They've scored more since he left.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball