Make a push for KG???

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm
Rondo is out for the season and Boston may be looking to rebuild. I was looking at expiring contracts in the NBA and there's a hand full of teams I'd call before the Warriors if I was Danny Ainge, but if I was Bob Myers, I think I'd make a serious push for a Bogut/KG swap. I don't know if Boston would do it, but I'd shoot em a call and see if they bite. This move would bring us under the luxury cap too.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:24 pm
Ehhh the more I think about it the more it seems unlikey that we'll get our hands on a Boston player. It'll be interesting to see how they blow that team up though. Cross our fingers that none of those player come out west.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm
Hm, I don't know if they wanna rebuild now, cause they just beat the Heat in a great game with amazing finish. All that without Rondo.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm
It was a fluke. There was a stretch of 2 games or so they had without Rondo and their offense was stagnant. With or without Rondo, they are a fringe playoff team, and I'm sure that their organization wants more than an aging roster and a fringe playoff team. Common sense says that they have to go into rebuilding mode.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:07 pm
I just don't think that they are going to rebuild, makes changes, yes, but starting from scratch, not likely.

Their offense is getting better without Rondo, they just got used to him in the game too much. Tonight the ball was moving, and it was spreading around, not just waiting for Rondo to create something.

Other than that, Green is starting to show up....kid has great talent, just to get his confidence back, I think he is on the way, and he will be a great player. His D on LBJ in the end...best I have seen on LeBron, if not ever, than certainly one of the best.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm
Ainge is much like an NBA2k13 general manager. If it's not working, he will completely blow it up. Expect at least Pierce or KG to be traded along with other players they have.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm
Bogut is in his mid to late 20s, KG is looking like he should retire after this season.

NO WAY

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm
KG contract doesn't expire until 2015. I don't see him retiring unless he gets on a shitty roster that has no chance of competing. I think KG takes us to the 4th seed for sure. Like I said though, the more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense for them. If I were them I'd be looking for expiring contracts and draft picks and we have neither.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 pm
KG's not Duncan; he's aging more like Shaq. You're not gonna get 18 and 9 outta him anymore. And the book on Garnett, as a fake tough guy who will back down if you hit him back, has been out for years. It's a short-term fix, but I agree with the peanut gallery: a healthy Bogut is miles above anything KG can give us now. Plus, Garnett wants Lee's spot at the high post; they would logjam the offense. Still, KG would probably elevate us to a 3 or 4 seed this year.

Let's revisit this at the deadline. If Bogut comes back after the ASB, then no deal. But one more setback and I'm ready to throw him away.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 pm
That trade makes no sense to me tbh. Kg has not been very good and is only getting worse. At least with bogut there is potential.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm
Changed my mind, I wanna keep Bogut.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm
KG is one of those players that really benefitted by being athletic. As they get older and that athleticism starts to deteriorate, then so does their production. Whether its because they can't play the same amount of minutes or they just don't have the lift anymore. KG hasn't been the Minnesota KG since he left the Wolves and hasn't been that 20+ and 10+ guy that we were so accustomed to watching earlier on in his career. Then you have the skilled players like Tim Duncan, who at same age as KG, is still (nearly) a 18 and 10 guy. Guys like Jason Kidd, Steve Nash and Paul Pierce are a few that come to mind when talking about skill guys that have remained productive even when past their prime. On the other side, you have guys that just got by on their athleticism and speed like Iverson. Despite the fact that he was already an undersized SG, he couldn't do what he did when he was 25 years old. Steve Francis is another name that comes to mind. Players like Monta Ellis will join that list when they turn 32.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm
He has been pretty good this year, just only 29 minutes.

Return to Warriors Basketball