Short sleeve uniform

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 pm
Warriors are about to present this new concept with adidas. It's unusual, to say the least, though, those will be alternate jerseys. From what I read, fans are not happy, but too many of them are bitching for no apparent reason, or probably cause their lame fat asses would be even more exposed wearing something tight as these.

I like the yellow, and I like the fact that logo is barely seen. I was saying it before, but I'm not a fan of a big logo pic across the jersey. It looks cartooney, highschool like, or something like that. Run TMC unis were the best, and they should make changes that will at least resemble those jerseys.

Here's a Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... t=1&ref=nf
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 pm
Pure crap.

Looks like a soccer jersey. 3 times worn this year is too damn many, IMO.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm
Why does it matter if it looks like soccer jerseys? I mean, if it's easier to play in them, why care about sleeves and who wore them first.

I would be the happiest if it just wrote Warriors and Golden State instead of the logo, on our current unis.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm
After the influx of flopping and feigning injury in an attempt to deceive officials, I am officially of the mind that any similarity basketball adopts to soccer is a bad thing. :wink:

But seriously, I don't like soccer jerseys. This new uniform is a prototype for the jerseys that will one day be plastered with advertisements and logos everywhere. I am firmly against that direction, although I'm sure it's inevitable. But why else would they add sleeves unless they were trying to increase the surface area for potential ads?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:10 pm
Well, most soccer teams have sponsors in the place where Warriors' logo is now. So, if they are going in that direction, and I hope they are not, they wouldn't need those sleeves. Though, French teams have some small sponsor stitches all over their jerseys, which is looking god awful, but I understand them, they have to earn somehow. Usually, those teams are not one of the better ones, with owners who can buy a whole country if they wanted to.

I don't like that, and seeing how NBA never had problems without that, I would love to see unis sponsor free, but I'm afraid we won't have much say about that. It's all business now.

My point here is, if they don't think (the players) that this is being done because of sponsors in the future, and are really believing that those unis are better, and are big improvement, then why would it bother my if they have sleeves. Heck, I usually play in t-shirts when I play basketball.

And that connection, with flopping and other pathetic stuff that so called athletes in soccer do, doesn't mean basketball players will do just because they have sleeves now. lol It's a character, and somehow, I don't know why, most of the soccer players are pussies. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:19 pm
AHAHAHA, well played, Guy! :thumbright:
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm
Absolutely horrid. I respect the effort but they didn't consult the streets as to what is popular. I cansee the DESIGN catching on but not this Halem Globetrotters-looking crap.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm
I definitely agree with you 32 about the advertisements because there's no other reason to do it. There is no way that adding sleeves is going to make the jerseys more comfortable to play in and a fraction of an ounce lighter isn't going to give players any kind of competitive edge. They're just trying to put a marketing spin on it to make it seem like its high tech. Just like the Nike football jerseys where they were saying how advanced it was with phrases like "provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation" when it's just a shirt with holes in it. These are by far the worst uniforms I have ever seen in any sport and it's going to be embarrassing to see them on the court. Hopefully someone comes to their senses and scraps this idea like those silver Mavericks jerseys.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:02 pm
Aside all business things related to it, I kinda think these jerseys are hot.
No homo :mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:26 pm
i dont mind em
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball