Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:13 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:LMFAO ::lol:

I guess we'll see this summer

Lets do a friendly bet, 32. One of those signature bets for a week. If Landry opts out I win. If he opts in and stay you win. Personally, if i win, I'd want you to take a picture of yourself holding a sign that reads, "8th ave is my daddy". Lol. Whataya say?

Hahaha, I dig it.

But lemmie alter it slightly; if he stays a Warrior, opt out or no (like, say he opts out, tests the market and ends up signing a 1-year deal with us), I win it. But if he's gone for somewhere else next year, you collect the W.

Your sign in the pic's gotta say "32 popped my old lady" :mrgreen: lol Cool?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 am
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Lets do a friendly bet, 32. One of those signature bets for a week. If Landry opts out I win. If he opts in and stay you win. Personally, if i win, I'd want you to take a picture of yourself holding a sign that reads, "8th ave is my daddy". Lol. Whataya say?

Hahaha, I dig it.

But lemmie alter it slightly; if he stays a Warrior, opt out or no (like, say he opts out, tests the market and ends up signing a 1-year deal with us), I win it. But if he's gone for somewhere else next year, you collect the W.

If he opts out and re-signs with us for 4 mil a year you win. If he opts out, leaves us or stays with us, and gets more than 4 mil a year I win. Deal?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Hahaha, I dig it.

If he opts out and re-signs with us for 4 mil a year you win. If he opts out, leaves us or stays with us, and gets more than 4 mil a year I win. Deal?

:-k Ahhhhhh, I can't do it. You win this round, 8th.

I can see Landry opting out and being rewarded with a tiny pay increase to stay here, because we have the advantage of security and familiarity for him, but with the influx of PF's on the market this year, I just believe most other teams will fall into two categories: 1, the over-spenders, who will pay Josh Smith and David West handsome salaries to come fill their PF gaps and, 2, the bargain shoppers, who will play the wait and see game and allow the supersaturated market to dictate their deals for 4's. Really, I can't see a lot of teams with PF gaps. Even if Atlanta loses JSmoove, I think their plan is to try and lure Howard back to his hometown so they can slide Horford back to the 4. A lotta teams are already committing big money to their starting 4 and the new CBA makes it hard to overpay for backups. For that reason, I can't see Landry leaving... but if he opts out and resigns for $5 million or $5.5 million, I won't be shocked. He deserves a raise for what he's given us this year. He's practically been the starting center.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:53 pm
I think it is probably 50/50 as to if Landry leaves or not, but I think some team will see the effectiveness he's had this season for the team and at least one other team will offer at least 5 million to him, though I hope not, I'd like to have him somewhat longterm for the 4 million he's on now. He's good value right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball