Rookie of the Year?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm
As i don't live in the USA, I haven't had the chance to watch those new players in college. The only little glimpse I have got was during the Summer League and the Olympics where Davis threw som lobs down. So my question to you is, who do YOU think will take the honors this year?

Personally, I think the rookie who without a doubt will make the most impact this year is Davis. But through out the Summer League i also noticed Damian Lillard who will have a good opportunity to show what he is capable of in Portland. I also do like Jeremy Lamb's game - a lot - and think he plays with such a ease and swagger. He could, as well as Lillard, make a big contribution in his first year. But as said before, I haven't seen a lot to these guys. Here's my guess:

1. Anthony David
2. MKG
3. Damian Lillard
4. Jeremy Lamb
5. Bradley Beal
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 pm
I think Anthony Davis will have at least a good season as a defender, but the Hornets seem to have a few scorers ahead of him, so he likely won't score too much.

I think Lillard will get it, because he has the greatest oportunity to play not only alot of minutes, but also to have the ball in his hands alot. He should be able to get a fair amount of assists with Aldridge and a few other decent players that Portland has.

I think though MKG will have the ball alot, he'll likely have too much pressure from the opposition to flourish, as the Bobcats are awful.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am
migya wrote:I think Anthony Davis will have at least a good season as a defender, but the Hornets seem to have a few scorers ahead of him, so he likely won't score too much.

I think Lillard will get it, because he has the greatest oportunity to play not only alot of minutes, but also to have the ball in his hands alot. He should be able to get a fair amount of assists with Aldridge and a few other decent players that Portland has.

I think though MKG will have the ball alot, he'll likely have too much pressure from the opposition to flourish, as the Bobcats are awful.

Bobcats won't be as bad as they were last year. I think the addition of Ben Gordon is a nice piece for them. He was not being used right in Detroit since they had way to many similar players. He is getting over paid too, but dude can score. He will help take presure off of Kemba and MKG. with that said, their front court is pretty garbage. But the team as a whole, is not as bad as last year.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:16 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
migya wrote:I think Anthony Davis will have at least a good season as a defender, but the Hornets seem to have a few scorers ahead of him, so he likely won't score too much.

Bobcats won't be as bad as they were last year. I think the addition of Ben Gordon is a nice piece for them. He was not being used right in Detroit since they had way to many similar players. He is getting over paid too, but dude can score. He will help take presure off of Kemba and MKG. with that said, their front court is pretty garbage. But the team as a whole, is not as bad as last year.

Too much defensive attention on MKG though, that team is still very bad and no, Gordon is not that good, just a shooter and one that is not looking that good right now.

Still Lillard for me, ADavis second choice.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum