Favorite players in the NBA

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 am
I don't know if there already is a thread like this in here, but here we go. I figured out it could be fun to post our top-5, top-10, top-20 or whatever you might like in here and give a brief description of why you like that particular player. I'll start:

1. Derrick Rose
He is my clear cut number 1, because he originally was the player who really got me in to the NBA 2 years ago in his MVP season. He played absolutely sensational in the few games i saw with him and he has been my favorite player since. Unfortunately, since i have got LP, he has been injured a significant amount of time, but is probably (and hopefully) returning after the AS break.

2. Steph Curry
Again, not much doubt who my number 2 is. I really liked the backcourt of Ellis and Curry because they on any given night could light it up, so Curry has since been one of my favorites and the reason why i became a Warrior. I have argued much with with friends whether he has a highter ceiling than Nash; I say he has and, is wihtout doubt, the best shooter in the NBA. So ****ing awesome to watch when i drains shots.

3. Paul George
I have followed George this year and i must say that i am surprised of his evolving. He is a standout af the defensive end, but what makes him one of my favorites is his atleticism which is outstanding. He is also beginning to light it up behind the 3 and has become MUCH better shooting of the dribble. He has an incredibly high ceiling if he continues like that!

4. Kenneth Faried
Maybe not a sexy choice, but I am impressed by his attitude towards the game. His motor and athleticism is exceptional, he doesn't get any plays called for him and is the defination of a true team player. God, I wish we had him here in Golden State.

5. Kyrie Irving
If you got LP, go check the last 3 minutes against Oklahoma and you'll know why. I say he is without a doubt the best, the most clutch and the most efficient scorer at the PG-position, only in his second year. I love watching Irving cause i can do it all. He will be a monster, if he's not already is.

6. Kevin Durant
He would probably have been higher on this list if he didn't play with Westbrook, cause i hate seeing Westbrook chucking of shots instead of giving the damn ball to Kevin and as a result of that, I am not watching to many Thunder games. Durant is just so ****ing dope.

7. LaMarcus Aldridge
I think he is the best PF in the game if Duncan is considered af C. He is a good pick and roll guy, can spot up from midrange and is one of the best at the block. Not very explosive, but he is a damn good and most importantly fun to watch.

8. Carmelo Anthony
I think he is the best scorer in the NBA if you need a basket in the last 5 seconds, cause he is a all around scorer (yes, also more than Durant). Anthony would be the guy for me. I love watching him cause of his skillset and because he can drop 40 on any given night.

9. Harrison Barnes
Our rookie is to ****ing dope. To be, he can be a 20-6-4 guy in a couple of years, but he just need to get his confidence going, because overall he does have a very polished offensive game: he can postup, has the midrange, has the 3 and most importantly, he can attack the basket (if he wants) and dunk on you! In my estimation he needs to get more minutes, cause he also plays defense and can handle the ball. Terrific player in the future.

10. Rajon Rondo
I just love watching Rondo in the playoffs, particularly last year against the Heat. He is and extremely gifted player and can play like a MVP when he wants to and when his team wants him to. Unfortunately, he is out for the season and the C's have gone on a 6-0 run.. what.

In the contention: Damien Lillard, David Lee, Chandler Parsons, Bradley Beal, Kevin Garnett and LeBron James.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm
No one wants to join this? :)

I will also add Kawhi Leonard somewhere between 6-8 at my list. He is a down to earth (kinda like Barnes) and i love his swag. He is definetely a future All-Star in this league.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm
Corey Maggette, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan, Lamar Odom...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:17 pm
I use to have plenty of favorites but not so much anymore. Baron Davis was my favorite player right out of UCLA so you can imagine how ecstatic I was when he the Warriors traded for him. Nowadays, I only have a few. This isn't in any sort of order and is a short list.

Paul George
Tim Duncan
Kevin Durant
Jeremy Lin
David Lee
Josh Smith

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 am
PG Stephen Curry
SG Monta Ellis
SF Andre Iguodala