*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:
Ray Allen is one of a handful of veterans to have been in the NBA during the lockout of 1998.

He expressed disappointment with the current situation to the Boston Globe.

“I think of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and I almost feel just . . . the money we make, not only as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding, it’s almost embarrassing we can make this type of money and then we can haggle over what we haggle over,’’ Allen said. “It’s important that the game is at an all-time high and I believe that those players in the ’70s and ’80s, they built us to this point to where we can afford the salaries that we all afford, and we just have to remember that. We’ve got to take this game to the next level and know that this is bigger than us.’’

Well said Ray Allen and totally true

agreed. Salaries are ridiculus in the nba. Too many mediocre players getting paid like superstars. Maybe making contracts not fully guarenteed will make more teams competitive... though the players union will never go for that.

Non guaranteed contracts are the way to go. After all, it is like that in most jobs; You don't perform up to the standard expected, you get fired or get less money

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 pm
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:
Ray Allen is one of a handful of veterans to have been in the NBA during the lockout of 1998.

“I think of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and I almost feel just . . . the money we make, not only as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding, it’s almost embarrassing we can make this type of money and then we can haggle over what we haggle over,’’ Allen said. “It’s important that the game is at an all-time high and I believe that those players in the ’70s and ’80s, they built us to this point to where we can afford the salaries that we all afford, and we just have to remember that. We’ve got to take this game to the next level and know that this is bigger than us.’’

agreed. Salaries are ridiculus in the nba. Too many mediocre players getting paid like superstars. Maybe making contracts not fully guarenteed will make more teams competitive... though the players union will never go for that.

Non guaranteed contracts are the way to go. After all, it is like that in most jobs; You don't perform up to the standard expected, you get fired or get less money

In the same token you don't have drafts in the workplace. You don't see Oracle, HP, Microsoft, etc... all sitting at some graduation drafting College Grads. If you are going to let teams have a rookie stuck on rookie scale, then you have to have accept the other side of the coin, which is players want a garuantee when they side with you.

You can't compare Sports to Real work place.. it's not fair.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:08 pm
Sooo bored..... I hate this no summer league crap... so went on to youtube to look up videos:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:

In the same token you don't have drafts in the workplace. You don't see Oracle, HP, Microsoft, etc... all sitting at some graduation drafting College Grads. If you are going to let teams have a rookie stuck on rookie scale, then you have to have accept the other side of the coin, which is players want a garuantee when they side with you.

You can't compare Sports to Real work place.. it's not fair.

I see that as a kind of scapegoat, excuse etc.

What rookies are, are apprentices and as apprentices they get paid less than those that aren't, just like in other workplaces. Very highly paid apprentices I might point out

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 am
Just read on nba yahoo fantasy that Dwight Howard now has added the Clippers to the little list of teams he'd want to play for. Another West team, another one from the same division as the Warriors as well. Hopefully he goes to the Nets, but the Clips now should go hard to get him. Maybe they can keep their starters and trade just DJordan (opening up Center for Dwight) along with Foye, MoWill, REvans and throw in two or three future 1st rounders. Maybe they'd need to add CButler or Billups to that package, but they really could make themselves contenders for the first time, maybe even for at least four years with resigning of Paul and Dwight

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:11 pm
Yeah, I hope the Clippers DON'T get him..what's up with that anyways? For some reason it makes me sick that players can just be like..oh, I want to play with that player or blah blah blah. Found this on realgm though..that his list hasn't extended to the Clips:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218380/Howards_List_Hasnt_Expanded_To_Include_Clippers

Screw the Clips..and screw the Lakers.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 am
Wizards beat the Thunder... how does that happen?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Yeah, I hope the Clippers DON'T get him..what's up with that anyways? For some reason it makes me sick that players can just be like..oh, I want to play with that player or blah blah blah. Found this on realgm though..that his list hasn't extended to the Clips:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218380/Howards_List_Hasnt_Expanded_To_Include_Clippers

Screw the Clips..and screw the Lakers.

Just read that. Interesting and I'd rather it that way, keep him East is best thing

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 am
The Clippers don't have enough left to land him without giving up either Paul or BG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 am
hobbes wrote:The Clippers don't have enough left to land him without giving up either Paul or BG.

Yea, it won't happen and that's a good thing, keep Dwight East. Unless the Magic would accept a package of something like Billups, CButler, MoWilliams, DJordan and some two or more future 1st rounders

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 am
EARLY CANDIDATE FOR DUNK OF THE YEAR

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 am
The Minnesota TWolves got another win and are just outside the top 8. How far they've come and what a very good young team they've put together. They seem to have close to it all and really could be them and the Thunder battling it out in two years and for a few years after that if those two teams stay with most of their current players

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:10 pm
I can't believe the Suns are "THIS" close to making the playoffs..they shouldn't even be a top 10 team. I hate them.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 pm
Steve Nash is very underrated....

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 pm
I like the Suns, but have a pretty bad roster. To be on the verge of the playoffs is amazing for them and definately is another showing that Steve Nash is one of the greatest players of this era, especially in making others better. He is up there with Magic, Bird and Kidd in making others on his team better.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum