San Diego State

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:34 pm
Question for Captain Jack...

how is the Brady Hoke hiring as HC of the Aztecs playing on campus?

I saw they hired Al Borges as OC. That is a really good hire. He is a family friend of a good friend of mine and he says he is a great guy.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:37 pm
Haven't heard anything around campus, but then again I've been on break.

I personally think it's a GREAT hire (along with Borges as OC). SDSU got lucky and hopefully this should bring in some real revenue for the school since right now they're cutting everything and charging students more to attend!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Haven't heard anything around campus, but then again I've been on break.

I personally think it's a GREAT hire (along with Borges as OC). SDSU got lucky and hopefully this should bring in some real revenue for the school since right now they're cutting everything and charging students more to attend!

oh yeah, fogot about that student thing called "break!" been too long in the workplace for me! Hope you are having a great break.

Back when I was there, attendance to football games was about 15K. At Jack Murphy, 15K looks like it is empty. Most of that was the greek system.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:40 pm
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Haven't heard anything around campus, but then again I've been on break.

oh yeah, fogot about that student thing called "break!" been too long in the workplace for me! Hope you are having a great break.

Back when I was there, attendance to football games was about 15K. At Jack Murphy, 15K looks like it is empty. Most of that was the greek system.

Yeah they get way more people for basketball than football, but that's because their football team hasn't been good in years. I really hope hiring a legit coach will get us some more recruits and a little bit of talent. It'd be nice to have a real football team, I might actually go to games.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 pm
Dude Bada, on that campus, no one cares about football.

I was there when Chuck Long was hired a few years back. They weren't talking about how good or bad long's hiring was or anything. The only thing people were talking about was that his hot daughter was gonna be attending and what dorms she was gonna be staying in.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:49 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Dude Bada, on that campus, no one cares about football.

I was there when Chuck Long was hired a few years back. They weren't talking about how good or bad long's hiring was or anything. The only thing people were talking about was that his hot daughter was gonna be attending and what dorms she was gonna be staying in.

Sounds about right :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:53 pm
yeah, sad but true huh Crackerz.

Even in my day of Marshall Faulk nobody cared much.

I will NEVER forget his 380+yard, 7TD game vs UOP. That was AWESOME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:00 pm
bada wrote:yeah, sad but true huh Crackerz.

did u go there bada? or did u just remember watching Faulk back in the day. UOP? isnt that a D2 school?

At SDSU's sports complex thingy they got, there's this little shrine thingy with Marshall Faulk, with like a plague, jersey, and ball and info on the guy. Him and a lotta notable alumni athletes are there.

He was so fun to watch in the NFL, and was one of the best recieving backs. LT was a great recieving RB too, but not as good as Marshall. LT was prolly a better back in general though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

did u go there bada? or did u just remember watching Faulk back in the day. UOP? isnt that a D2 school?

At SDSU's sports complex thingy they got, there's this little shrine thingy with Marshall Faulk, with like a plague, jersey, and ball and info on the guy. Him and a lotta notable alumni athletes are there.

He was so fun to watch in the NFL, and was one of the best recieving backs. LT was a great recieving RB too, but not as good as Marshall. LT was prolly a better back in general though.

Yup, I was a student there in the late 80's. I pretty muich spent 18 months there drinking myself into a stupor till I needed to get out of there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:02 pm
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Yup, I was a student there in the late 80's. I pretty muich spent 18 months there drinking myself into a stupor till I needed to get out of there.

OMG bada. this is exactly why i left... i got so distracted from the culture of SDSU that i needed to transfer to another CSU school just so i can focus... So tight there's another SDSU'er on board.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:09 pm
yeah, I was right out of high school and not really focused on school. Did the whole fraternity thing and just stopped going to class.

But then after taking half a year off, went to Santa Barbara City College and then UCSB which partied even more. till again, I had to drop out... this time for good! I am not too bright
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:16 pm
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 pm
bada wrote:yeah, I was right out of high school and not really focused on school. Did the whole fraternity thing and just stopped going to class.

But then after taking half a year off, went to Santa Barbara City College and then UCSB which partied even more. till again, I had to drop out... this time for good! I am not too bright

My best friend went to UCSB. It was insane. Way too many distractions for an academic environment.

With that said... a ton of fun. Beautiful women. I never complained.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:15 pm
Oh man, my bball team is 15 minutes away from dancing the night away. Cmon, lets beat BYU!!!!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm
I was just about to come make a thread about this game, I forgot we already had an SDSU thread. Aztecs up by 3 with 14 minutes left!
Next

Return to Sports Board