San Diego State

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:Did you just say Neuheisal is a GOOD coach???? As a Husky fan, I can tell you that Neuheisal is GARBAGE!!!

I think he is pretty good. I really think he will turn around UCLA (which sucks cuz i am a Stanford Cardinal fan). Sorry to hear your a Huskies fan... another long season awaits you guys. DO you like your new coach?

he is really bad. players dont trust him and he has different rules for different players. he can recruit pretty good but he is soft in his schemes. cant stand the guy.

I am fired up about Sark as coach of the huskies. While they dont have a ton of talent, they played LSU very tough the other day. If he can get recruits to come north from southern cal, they should be able to turn it around pretty quick.

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 am
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:Did you just say Neuheisal is a GOOD coach???? As a Husky fan, I can tell you that Neuheisal is GARBAGE!!!

I think he is pretty good. I really think he will turn around UCLA (which sucks cuz i am a Stanford Cardinal fan). Sorry to hear your a Huskies fan... another long season awaits you guys. DO you like your new coach?

he is really bad. players dont trust him and he has different rules for different players. he can recruit pretty good but he is soft in his schemes. cant stand the guy.

I am fired up about Sark as coach of the huskies. While they dont have a ton of talent, they played LSU very tough the other day. If he can get recruits to come north from southern cal, they should be able to turn it around pretty quick.

Neuheisal aka "Slick Rick", a coach with a shady past, but he has brought some well needed fresh air to UCLA. He has instilled toughness, and the most important aspect of college football, recruiting. He stole some top recruits, from USC, Cal, all in the waiting minutes of the recruiting hunt.
The team is young, and can only improve, really nice pieces to work with now and in the future.

Oh yeah I think this is the year USC falls as the best team in the Pac 10, I think Cal will take that spot. They have some spots to fill on the defensive side of the ball and of course at QB, a true freshmen under center, no matter how good can be trouble.

I like Washighton, but to be honest its because of Locker. Solid QB can do it through the air and on the ground, just feel bad that he is on a terrible team.

So this is the official NCAA football thread ? I prefer the college game more so than the NFL. The kids are playing for a reason and purpose, and so many plot lines.

The Michigan win over Notre Dame was huge, if the "Fighting Irish" have a mediocre season don't see Charlie Wies staying there much longer.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:14 am
Toughness and Slick Rick certainly dont belong in the same sentence in my opinion. At Colorado and certainly at Washington his teams were SO SOFT! Maybe he has learned.... I dont know, I have not watched UCLA yet this year but while a good recruiter and a good initial burst, in the long term, he ruins programs.

Man I LOVE IT when ND loses. Was nice to see Michigan beat them. I guess practice pays off :))

Cal vs USC should be a great game.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:35 am
bada wrote:Toughness and Slick Rick certainly dont belong in the same sentence in my opinion. At Colorado and certainly at Washington his teams were SO SOFT! Maybe he has learned.... I dont know, I have not watched UCLA yet this year but while a good recruiter and a good initial burst, in the long term, he ruins programs.

Man I LOVE IT when ND loses. Was nice to see Michigan beat them. I guess practice pays off :))

Cal vs USC should be a great game.

we are in agreement in one thing... We LOVE to see Notre Dame lose. It was great to see Forcier running around, making plays out of nothing, and just beat down on the most overrated coach in College. Why hasn't this guy (charlie Weiss)been fired yet? is it because of that contract? He has been an awful coach. And i am sick of people saying "well, at least he recruits well".... when it comes to notre dame, the players recruit themselves, thats not on weiss.

Can't wait til they get crushed by USC.

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 am
UCLA played a tough game last night at Tennesse, against a huge crowd and a good Tennesse defense led by Monte Kiffins who use to be the def cord. for the Bucs. 1 thing about the Bucs there defense was always solid, and he brough that kind of attitude to Tennesse, just their QB threw about 3 picks, but give credit to Bruins D, they are also solid this year.

Am with you guys I love when ND loses as well. Wies has no excuse these days, he has recruited well and can now use the players he recruited so its time to show up. And as far as the contract goes who in the world signs a coach for 10 years, especially after less than a year on the job. Notre Dame football is huge though and sure there is some buy-out clause and I can see them firing him if the season continues to go bad.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:19 pm
I think at Washington Neuheisel was able to just prosper off the players already in the program but when it came to recruiting the team fell down the drain in a few years. It looks like Sarkisian is the real deal though. Good thing they were able to beat up on Idaho and renew the confidence gained from the LSU game!

I'm worried about their secondary, it seems like their safeties are not that good, especially on those two plays when Greg Walker got burned in the open field by Toliver for long TD's. Nate Williams is pretty good but I'm not so sure about the rest of that unit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 pm
BUMP

SDSU got a big game tomorrow.... #11th ranked BYU.... if they win (which they were close on the first meeting), I think they would be a shoe-in for the Big Dance.

GO AZTECS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:24 pm
Darn SDSU last to byu again yesterday... geez. I hope we can win the rest of the games plus the MWC tournament and possibly salvage a # 2 for the big dance.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am
Today, 1:40 pm PST on TNT. Be there or be square!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Today, 1:40 pm PST on TNT. Be there or be square!

oh no doubt!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 pm
aztecs need to go inside, or else this will be a short tourney
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:31 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:aztecs need to go inside, or else this will be a short tourney

And I picked them to go to the final 4 too....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:01 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:aztecs need to go inside, or else this will be a short tourney

And I picked them to go to the final 4 too....

well, in the end they prevailed, and even were going inside (though because rahon was hitting outside shots and the lanes were opening up). Temple is next, so i am hoping we don't play like that again.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 pm
I'm gonna be at the game on Thursday, I'm stoked! If we SOMEHOW manage to defend Kemba Walker we can totally win. Fingers crossed!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:32 am
good luck guys...

Can only imagine how hard it is for Mr.C to barrack for any team from San Diego on the pro level RAIDERS>CHARGERS. GIANTS>PADRES.

I know Captain Jack went down to school there, How about you Mr C... How'd you get involved with the Aztecs?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board