NFL PICK-EM 2010

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:51 am
Hey guys, I set up a group with Yahoo! to do the pick-ems for this season. I do not know if anyone will be interested in joining. This Pick-em is based on confidence points, which you basically predict who do you think will win and how confident you think that team will win. Plus, i set it up so that your two worst weeks wont count against you (because sometimes we might forget a week or life happens).

Whose In? Info is below:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/
League ID # 51032
Password: Lacob

Note: Pawno is updating the standings... here is the link.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... 8NMG#gid=0
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:42 pm
I personally like the pickums done on the board... With Game Analysis
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 pm
My record after 9/9/10:

1-0! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:53 pm
well, i plan on doing both. just sending the invite.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:41 pm
I'll pass Mr C. Don't like the confidence points. I'm just going to do the standard pickum comp here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:37 am
Alright, I took out the confidence points in the pick-em from yahoo. Do you guys want to join it now? It's easier to tally than by hand.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 pm
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 9

8:30 pm Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints NBC 90 °F
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills CBS 72 °F
1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears FOX 75 °F
1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans CBS 92 °F
1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 91 °F
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots CBS 70 °F
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants FOX
1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ Pittsburgh Steelers FOX 75 °F
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 91 °F
1:00 pm Oakland Raiders @ Tennessee Titans CBS 89 °F
4:15 pm Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles FOX 78 °F
4:15 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks FOX 62 °F
4:15 pm Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams FOX 82 °F
8:20 pm Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins NBC 80 °F
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13

7:00 pm Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets ESPN
10:15 pm San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs ESPN 79 °F

I'll be making my picks later tonight... Here is the template for this weekends matchups.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:02 pm
Are we doing our picks in this thread or the original Pick'em and Crystal Ball thread?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:03 pm
This thread is prob the best. Only cause as i recall last year we edited the first post of each person to update scores. I've actually never been the commish of the pickum. So i'll need to wait to chat to Mr. CRACKERS.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 pm
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 9

8:30 pm Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints NBC 90 °F - Superbowl champs, and yes they continue their streak
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills CBS 72 °F- Just not sure about the Bills so I say Dolphins

1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears FOX 75 °F- We are talking about Detroit Lions here, so Bears win

1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans CBS 92 °F- They keep losing to the colts

1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 91 °F- Maurice Jones Drew has a monster game Jags win, but who's their qb again ?

1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots CBS 70 °F - Ocho Cinco and T.O do some strange celebration but Pats make it 7 strait opening wins.

1:00 pm Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants FOX- Panthers run well on the ground, but G-Men too season pull the win.

1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ Pittsburgh Steelers FOX 75 °F- No big Ben, but Dixon shows up pull a minor upset

1:00 pm Cleveland Browns @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 91 °F - This a toss up, just gonna go with the home team

1:00 pm Oakland Raiders @ Tennessee Titans CBS 89 °F - That Johnson guy runs all over, raiders starting fresh without JaMarcus, but not enough for the win.

4:15 pm Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles FOX 78 °F - Kolb is no McNab as eagles fans will find out.

4:15 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks FOX 62 ° F - Well coached Niners team take the cake

4:15 pm Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams FOX 82 °F . Rams take the win take a step towards in a new direction.

8:20 pm Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins NBC 80 °F = McNabb goes off, but cowboys take it.
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13

7:00 pm Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets ESPN - Raven offense improve, and beat the jets early, great match-up

10:15 pm San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs ESPN 79 °F - Diego shows new faces making moves and win
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm
Good work warriorsstepup. Coming out the gate n being first to pick. Just didn't like the titans pick

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm
PAWNO wrote:Good work warriorsstepup. Coming out the gate n being first to pick. Just didn't like the titans
pick

Lol, Pawno thanks wanted to make sure I made my picks in-case I did not have time. I had a feeling you won't like the Raiders pick, but with the issues at RB i had to pick Titans. I loved McFadd in college hope returns to that form this season, if so ill be a very happy camper.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 pm
In case you all weren't aware, I am the defending champion from last year's regular season Pick 'em (and tied for first in the play-off pick'em) :D . Needless to say, I will be defending my crown this year :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's my tips for Week 1 of the NFL season!

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 9

Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Saints will be extremely fired up, plus they're at home. The Vikings are dealing with injuries and the scars of last year's loss. Saints by double digits.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills

In my opinion, Miami are a bit of a darkhorse, especially if Brandon Marshall puts up the kind of numbers he did in Denver, and their running backs stay healthy. The Bills, meh, they've done nothing for years. That's not changing this season.

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

Lions are getting a lot of pre-season buzz (Stafford, Best, Megatron), and while I think they might actually be alright this year, I'm thinking the Bears hold them off in a high-scoring, turnover-prone affair.

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans

I still don't trust the Texans, it's the same thing with them every year. Will they finally get it together? Perhaps, but not seeing it against the juggernaut that is the Indianapolis Colts. Another high-scoring one. You know Peyton will be pissed after what happened in the Super Bowl.

Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Two fairly mediocre teams, so let's go with the home team. Hopefully MJD does have a big game (I have no doubt I am winning Mr Crackerz' fantasy league. None).

Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots

Was last year a mirage for the Bengals, are they for real? They may be, but Brady is another year removed from his new injury, and the Pats are at home. So let's say New England by about a touchdown in a high-quality affair, decided through the air.

Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants

Again, in a match-up with teams that aren't too far apart, it's best to just go with the home team. The Panthers can run, but can they throw the ball? They didn't let in many points during pre-season, but barely scored any either.

Atlanta Falcons @ Pittsburgh Steelers

I don't know why I'm tipping the Steelers, because they are my least favourite team, but I can see them winning this game, a low-scoring affair. Mendenhall to rush for 200 yards please :)

Cleveland Browns @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Two very mediocre teams, smart option says go for the home one. But really, who knows what could happen? Browns will probably only get points through Cribbs, via kick return or punt return TDs. Can Delhomme ever be considered an upgrade, no matter who he replaces? As if losing Lebron wasn't bad enough...

Oakland Raiders @ Tennessee Titans

Pawno, you know you're my boy, but Titans are dropping 30+ on the Raiders this Sunday, courtesy of my man Chris Johnson racking up 150 yards easy. Happy to be wrong though, for your sake :)

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles

The Packers will be the highest-scoring team in the league this season. The Eagles, well, the jury's out until we see what Kolb can do. But I'm thinking Packers by double-digits in the highest-scoring game of the week.

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

Are the Seahawks the worst team in the league? Quite possibly. I can't see how the 49ers don't easily win their division title, unless there are some catastrophic injuries. Not convinced their defense is as good as everyone says it is though.

Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams

No Kurt Warner = bad times for the Cards. Can Sam Bradford prove he is the future of the Rams' franchise as early as Week 1? Probably not, but Steven Jackson will be his usual workhorse self, and probably do enough to provide the upset in a close affair.

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

One of the tougher divisions in the league. But with McNabb nursing an ankle injury, and the Redskins' running game slightly crappier than the Cowboys' running game, I'm saying Dallas, and by a fairly comfortable margin. Miles Austin is the real deal.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13

Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets

Ravens for the Super Bowl! Adding Boldin and now TJ Housh is a significant upgrade for their passing offense. Rice will continue to be a beast, and Flacco is still maturing and improving. Their defense has always been solid. As for the Jets, they'll be fine, but they're not winning this one. As Sanchez goes, so do the Jets, unfortunately.

San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs

I originally went Chiefs with this one, but then I thought, until you watch the results from the first few weeks to work out exactly what is going on with each team, just play it safe. No LT, no Vincent Jackson, the Chargers will still have enough weapons to put a lot of points on the board, especially against the Chiefs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 am
[quote="PAWNO"]THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 9

8:30 pm Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints NBC 90 °F - I think this is Brett Favre year. I just see a Veteran being able to control a big game & the New Orleans not really getting into it.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills CBS 72 °F - This game would be a different story had the Dolphins come in the blistering cold of December... I think with no weather element then the Dolphins will get over the line (in a pretty high scoring game)

1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears FOX 75 °F - Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher are gonna really lock down the Defense, this will be a statement big win game.

1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans CBS 92 °F - I wonder what kind of records Manning and Andre could break if they hooked up on the same team.

1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 91 °F - Tim Tebow, Will he see reps in J-Ville?

1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots CBS 70 °F - This is the week you sit your Cincinatti DEF!!! Carson & Brady will be in a huge shoot out!

1:00 pm Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants FOX - It's been a long time since the J.E.T.S were the talk of the BIG APPLE.

1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ Pittsburgh Steelers FOX 75 °F - Dennis Dixon is King.

1:00 pm Cleveland Browns @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 91 °F - Man Genius time.

1:00 pm Oakland Raiders @ Tennessee Titans CBS 89 °F - I think the Raiders will hold Chris Johnson to under triple digits@!!! Seymour, McClain & Asomugha are all up for the challenge!

4:15 pm Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles FOX 78 °F - Aaron Rodgers time.

4:15 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks FOX 62 °F - Pete Carroll got 2 much pride to lose his first game.

4:15 pm Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams FOX 82 °F Wouldn't it be sweet Justice.. Kurt Warner doesn't return to the St Louis Dome to haunt his former team.. Can anyone say DEREK ANDERSON TIME

8:20 pm Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins NBC 80 °F Tony Romo didn't score a TD in preseason... That stat is very alarming!

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13

7:00 pm Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets ESPN Rex Ryans Big Fat Trap gets shut as this years SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS shows they for sa'real in the BIG APPLE

10:15 pm San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs ESPN 79 °F Picking the Queefs... This is the year Philip Rivers runs dry.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 am
I've only got time to post tonight's game right now, I'll post the rest later...

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 9

Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Of course, the SB champs at home - the banner will drop, the people of Newallins will go crazy and Bret will get off to a slow start this season.
Next

Return to Sports Board