Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2012-04-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 pm
Golden State Warriors (22 - 36) @ Los Angeles Clippers (36 - 23)

Start time: 12:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Jeremy Tyler
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Charles Jenkins

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeAndre Jordan
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Caron Butler
SG - Randy Foye
PG - Chris Paul

Team leaders:
PPG - D. Lee (19.9) | B. Griffin (20.7)
RPG - D. Lee (9.6) | B. Griffin (10.9)
APG - S. Curry (5.3) | C. Paul (8.9)
SPG - S. Curry (1.5) | C. Paul (2.5)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.0) | D. Jordan (2.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 pm
So far McGuire is having 8 rebounds and 5 assists...definitely good all-around player. If he could improve his scoring, he would be better than Iggy perhaps.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm
this team has shown some heart.

Hi NBA / David Stern ----> Can you be any more obvious with your biased refs?

Biedrins gets elbowed in the face, Blake Griffin performs his academy award skills, Biedrins called for the foul.

I love me some Blake Griffin highlight dunks, but wow that guy is a pansy with
his acting jobs. And he knows he can get away with it because the refs are on his nuts.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm
Guybrush wrote:So far McGuire is having 8 rebounds and 5 assists...definitely good all-around player. If he could improve his scoring, he would be better than Iggy perhaps.

Definitely gotta resign McGuire next year. Gritty player and love having him on the team.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:22 pm
I think you can see in this game how more fluid this team is without Lee. Lee is a ball hog, he slows it down, plays iso a lot, and everyone know he's gonna try the shot, even if he's not in a good position. I love this team basketball, with no one player that "HAS" to have the ball when it's a close game. It's like "who's open, he shoots"...plain and simple.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm
Idk why Mark Jackson has to resort to that hack-a-Blake. 1) they were only down 3 so need to resort to that. that should be a last resort if regular D isn't working 2) it doesn't give confidence to the W's defense that they can get a stop. so it's kind've an insult to them 3) it rarely works and messes up the W's rhythm. I don't think David Lee's a ballhog by any stretch... he can create for others, he's just been one of the best options and gets us some points in the paint instead of jumpers. he was more passive last year, I like that he's being more assertive / aggressive this year. I do think, at least this game, they are able to play faster and push the tempo, which gets some easy buckets.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 pm
OK, ballhog might have been a strong word, but he definitely slows down the pace of the game, and Warriors still thrive in up-tempo style of game. When they just run up and down the court...and I might admit that I love that kind of game.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 am
yeah it is fun to watch. no reason the team can't do a little of both. I look forward to next year though with our frontcourt bruisin people. :) No more Blake Griffin thinking it's a free lane to do what he wants... introduce him to Bogut :)
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 am
Nate got his 5k career point during this game. In a game like this where Jenkins was dominated by CP3, Robinson showed his value where he could get in the lane and score, as well as dish out assists. He is capable of playing solid D, when he doesn't gamble, and he brings lots of energy. If we brought him back he would defeniately have an impact on games as a backup PG next season. And I wouldn't be as worried about Curry's ankle.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Game Threads