Would You Trade Klay Thompson For

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:28 am
I've always been a fan of Evan Turner and the Sixers are rumored to be calling around the league to get feelers to see what they can get for him. Philly's problem, since Iverson was traded, was a #1 option scorer. Another issue that they haven't been able to address since Kyle Korver, is getting a 3 point threat. I like Thompson a lot, but I think this is a trade that would benefit both teams. Turner's ability to handle and pass the ball like a point guard bodes well for playing with a bunch of guys that needs shots like Curry, Lee, Bogut and Jack. Turner is also a great rebounder for a 2/3 and an above average perimeter defender. Two things the Warriors really need. Something else that Turner would contribute that this team desperately needs is his ability to get to the rim. He's more of a slasher than a jump shooter. Both Klay and Evan are 24 years old so its not sacrificing the future.

Send Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andris Biedrins for Evan Turner, Jason Richardson and a future protected first round pick (2014).

If they would take on Biedrin's 2 years and $18M contract, then taking on Richardson's 3 year and $12M contract wouldn't be that bad. Even though Richardson is out for the year, he would still be a fan favorite in Oakland. I like Green but if they can parlay him into a 1st round pick, then its a no-brainer.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Jarrett Jack - Charles Jenkins
SG Evan Turner - Kent Bazemore - (Jason Richardson next season)
SF Harrison Barnes - Richard Jefferson
PF David Lee - Carl Landry
C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli - Jeremy Tyler
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm
I've always liked Turner alot, though I haven't seen much of him. He is a great rebounder for his position for sure and can defend. Thing is, Klay's outside shooting is very important to the team right now and losing it might be more a negative than positive. In saying that, I'd do that trade, as Philly's future 1st rounder likely would be in the top 20. Turner would add in areas the team is still rather weak in.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:30 pm
I would not do this trade because it would result in us winning less games and I hate losing.

Return to Trades