MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 am
Location: The Bay Area
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:52 pm
Man I saw Predators yesterday.

It was good but not as action or craziness as I expected. First between the commercial and film there was a lie. In the commercial dude who had like 4390758745 red dots on him in commercial only had 1 really in the movie. It took like 50 mins for a Predator to finally ****ing show up. Weird asian dude finally talked after like an hour and so mins. It had like 3-4 funny moments. But imo still a good movie. Could of been more action and suspense. And the ending was totally ****ing disappointing. But I did like a lot of the twists and pot holes in the movie like the crazy doctor and random survivor/scavenger. The dude who was supposed to be sentenced to death was funny as **** attacking **** with his knife ::lol: it was funny when he said when he got home he was gonna do some cocaine and rape some fine bitches, I was rollin.

7.5-8/10

We should of seen Inception. 2/3 of my friends wanted to see Inception but my dumb ass said I don't care what we see and we ended up seeing Predator. But no complain except I had to pay for those broke fucks tickets lol.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am
TMC wrote:Can't wait to watch Inception... but I still will have to wait til late august to be able to... :banghead:




I haven't been to the cinemas in over two years, get movies from net and friends, but this one I might go to the cinema to see
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 am
Location: The Bay Area
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Can't wait to watch Inception... but I still will have to wait til late august to be able to... :banghead:




I haven't been to the cinemas in over two years, get movies from net and friends, but this one I might go to the cinema to see

All the reviews of Inception I've seen have been great.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Can't wait to watch Inception... but I still will have to wait til late august to be able to... :banghead:




I haven't been to the cinemas in over two years, get movies from net and friends, but this one I might go to the cinema to see


Me too... but I've got to go back home to have an IMAX close, so I'll have to wait til late august... still, that movie won't be showing here til the second week of august, so no big deal...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:10 am
So I watched it for the second time... that **** was bad ass... again.

if you like sci-fi movies that make you think check out the indie film Primer (2004). it was voted one of the best "Thinking Man's" sci fi films of all time. believe it or not it's MORE confusing than Inception, but just as unique and creative. it was made by a mathematician/engineer with a budget of $7000. all I can say is it involves the closest thing to "actual" time travel I've ever seen a movie.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:39 pm
first off wrote:So I watched it for the second time... that **** was bad ass... again.

if you like sci-fi movies that make you think check out the indie film Primer (2004). it was voted one of the best "Thinking Man's" sci fi films of all time. believe it or not it's MORE confusing than Inception, but just as unique and creative. it was made by a mathematician/engineer with a budget of $7000. all I can say is it involves the closest thing to "actual" time travel I've ever seen a movie.
I'll have to check it out, I'm a huge Sci-fi fan - but the film has to actually be good as well it can't just be the crap they air on the Sci-Fi channel. My girl actually wants to go see inception again but I think i'm going to wait for it to come out on Xvid.

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 pm
A group of us went to see Inception. Half of the group fell asleep on the movie. The other half liked it. Personally, I could've waited instead of paying. The effects were good. The actors were good, but the movie seemed to move slow. Maybe I was expecting too much.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:30 pm
JSU2004 wrote:A group of us went to see Inception. Half of the group fell asleep on the movie. The other half liked it. Personally, I could've waited instead of paying. The effects were good. The actors were good, but the movie seemed to move slow. Maybe I was expecting too much.



Yea, people have different opinions, like with District Nine,that many people thought was great, I thought it was real crap and a waste of time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 pm
JREED23 wrote:
first off wrote:So I watched it for the second time... that **** was bad ass... again.

if you like sci-fi movies that make you think check out the indie film Primer (2004). it was voted one of the best "Thinking Man's" sci fi films of all time. believe it or not it's MORE confusing than Inception, but just as unique and creative. it was made by a mathematician/engineer with a budget of $7000. all I can say is it involves the closest thing to "actual" time travel I've ever seen a movie.
I'll have to check it out, I'm a huge Sci-fi fan - but the film has to actually be good as well it can't just be the crap they air on the Sci-Fi channel. My girl actually wants to go see inception again but I think i'm going to wait for it to come out on Xvid.


Primer freaks me the hell out. The idea of multiple ___s running around each with their own agenda I find incredibly disturbing. It's definitely a movie that will linger in your mind for awhile. Absolutely recommend it to anyone that is willing to think and watch at the same time. I also recommend using the internet to get a better idea of what is going on in the movie. I did some research before I watched it and I found it very helpful. But I have no idea what kind of experience it would have been if I had watched it clueless.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:12 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:35 am
Agree, Inception was impressive.

I'll add, the Wachowski bros "Matrix" really helped raise the bar for this type of genre. While Inception had a different central theme, I deffinitely noticed parallel ideas being used.

P.S. Man, that top at the end sure did look wobbly. :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 am
Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but really a good thread as it gets people talking to others about movies they've seen, especially recent ones.

I recently saw Predators and it was alright, but nothing special. The first two were better, but I was much younger then.

Inception had very good effects, as others have said, but the movie itself was nothing special, pretty good though.

Dinner For Schmucks was quite bad I thought. Not very funny really, though some parts were pretty funny
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm
u guys seen the figter? Great movie about 2 brothers and whewr i e there boxing careers are headed. Man christian bale nailed his character. A definate oscar nomination in the pipelinei think bale is my generations daniel day lewis in terms of every role his taken the performance has been solid. His going to need a very large memoriblla room trophy cabinet over the next few years. Big things expected for him.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm
Bale was good in the fighter, that was about it. Poor script, amateur direction and the fight scenes were the worst I've ever seen.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 pm
Forgot to post in this thread. I saw The Fighter a few months ago and it was alright, but nothing special. Nice true story
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 pm
Anyone seen any good flicks lately?

Last 2 movies I saw at cinemas was Contraband & Battleship.

Battleship was M'EH!!! only reason I saw it is I try only to go to cinemas for the big blockbusters where Surround Sound & CGI explosions are appreciated. I'd be more then happy just downloading a flick & watching it for free from the internet (comedy/drama/etc) ... But when I want popcorn to jump out of the box and hit me in the face, then it's off to the theatres for me.

Contraband was a a lot better then Battleships. Mark Wahlberg usually comes strong in all his roles. Giovanni Rabissi is also another bad ass (but it's like he has to put in a pound of chewing tobacco before he speaks his lines in films, Rabissi got that whiney drooling drawl.. Would love to know where abouts in America he is from)

*EDIT*

shoot he is born from Los Angeles.

I swear Ribisi got that Texas or southern accent. perhaps he is the son of immigrants with a name like that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000610/
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron